10 x 2 min top tips for wellbeing. We know that looking after yourself can be a pain in the bum sometimes. We are programmed to believe it needs to be done in a certain way. Sit crossed legged chanting OM at the top of your voice for an hour! Don’t know about anyone else, but we can’t sit crossed legged that long. Or that you have do certain things that mean you are looking after your wellbeing.
Well we are here to tell you that’s a lot of bollocks and bull. Seriously making your wellbeing a priority does not have to be a huge thing.
Here are 10 top tips that will take approximately 2 minutes or so. And we are damn sure you can find 2 minutes in a day even if it is whilst you are sat on the loo!
- Stare out of a window for 2 minutes. You can even set a timer. All you need to do is consciously stare out of a window or into space. And you can do it more than once a day. It is what we used to call day dreaming and its not a bad thing like we were told, its bloody amazing for your wellbeing
- Eat mindfully – This will take more than 2 mins but all you have to do is concentrate on eating your food, every mouthful you put in and chew. No shovelling!
Stand in the superhero pose for 2 minutes each morning. You can do it with the curtains shut so you don’t feel like anyone is watching. You might feel like a tw*t but who cares. The outcome will make you feel so much better. There is even scientific evidence to prove this stuff works https://drdavidhamilton.com/confidence/
- Smile or laugh to yourself or find a video on good old You Tube that will make you laugh. Laughter is the best medicine and there are millions of little videos that you could watch
- Put your favourite song on and dance or sing to it. Songs are only usually 3 or so minutes long. You don’t have to dance or sing, just listen and let it make you smile. Like laughter this releases feel good hormones that last hours
Do some exercise for 2 minutes. Like running on the spot, jumping jacks, squats or even burpees! (who actually likes burpees?!!). Or if you don’t feel able to get out of the chair, wave your arms in the air, like you just don’t care. Rotate your wrists and ankles if you can. Anything you can manage to get your body to have some sort of movement
- Set a timer for 2 mins and write down as many things as you can in those minutes that you are grateful for. It could be 1 or 10 things, the number doesn’t matter. The act of doing is the key
- If you are working, take a break every hour, get up, walk around, pee, anything you can for a short time to get away from what you are doing
- Focus on your breath for 2 minutes, it doesn’t matter if your mind wanders off, just bring it back to your breath. Eyes open or closed makes no difference
- Repeat these words to yourself for 2 minutes everyday. I am good enough. Even if you don’t feel it or your inner voice tells you that you are lying still do it
These 10 things are all easily done at some point during the day. We are not saying you have to do them all each and every day, blimey we are not that harsh lol. But wellbeing is paramount in our lives and . we can find one or two things to do each day it helps. Have a play with them all and see what works for you and what doesn’t. There is no hard and fast rules to this wellbeing lark, it is what works for you.
Love Lynne and Tracey xxx